Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Trip To The Doctor [Warning - Gore]

   So. Today was interesting... So a few days ago (I think it may have been Friday or Saturday) I started experiencing some pain kind of above my tail bone area. It stared off as being a rough patch of skin, that was enflammed and stiff(kind of like how when you get hit really hard by something, and it leave a bit of a hard spot for a while). Well, I didn't really think anything of it, and just thought I'd wait for it to go away just as it came.... Well. About a day or two later, it started getting really painful, and I noticed a lump... Still being me, I didn't put much thought into it, and just kept waiting for it to go away... Well. By today, I haven't really slept for about 3 days because the pain kept constantly waking me up... I was still wanting to wait it out, essentially, I wanted to play chicken with it... You know, have a battle of wills... I figured, if I toughed it out long enough, that it would have to go away! (this logic made sense to me...) But. Then I had called my mom. I kind of had enough of the severe pain constantly, so I told her about it. And she told me to go to the hospital and get it checked right away...

     Well, I didn't end up going to the hospital until about, 4:15pm. I waited about 45 minutes for a nurse to see me to consult me on why I was there. She took my blood pressure (then left for 15 minutes halfway through it) and then took my temperature... Turned out I had a fever. (I assume a somewhat high one seeing as she asked if I had chills or shakes or anything like that.)(also, I had taken 500mg of Tylenol about an hour before I went and got checked, so for me to still have a fever...) And here I was wondering why I was all sweaty for... Anyways, she then told me to go sit down, and that I would be called on after a bit of a wait. Well, about 45 minutes again, a male nurse had called my name, and brought me to another waiting room, and then maybe a minute later, called on me again, and directed me to my examination room... It was about 30 minutes before the doctor came, and he already knew what was wrong with me when he came in the room based on what I described.... I had an abscessed cyst. (oh joy!..) I already knew what this entailed.... Sharp pointy things touching my currently most sensitive spot on my body... (Oh, did I mention how it was also a couple inches above my tail bone in my butt crack? Yeah, how dignifying....) So. I lay there in my gown, with my butt half exposed. He tells me he needs to freeze the area and then cut it open in order to express it... I immediately asked if it would hurt... He said "It will feel a lot better once I'm done" This was an immediate red flag that told me, "Brace yourself... This is going to hurt!"... He came back with a disposable kit of some stuff. And, I couldn't even look at what it all was. I was terrified. I just kept my face down and my eyes closed... Then the needle came... (for those of you who don't know, I'm scared of needles and don't deal well with them.) It was weird, (and painful) feeling him stick the needle in, and put it deeper, a deeper in order to freeze it... Then came the cut, and I could feel liquid spill out of it (half a cup of brown-ish pus) And a fowl rotting/infected flesh smell wafted through the room. He originally wanted to pack the open wound, but I told him it was really sore and he was trying to get the last bits of it out, and because he didn't want to hurt me (or keep hurting me) he gave me dressings and paper tape so that I can basically just let the rest of it seep out. He then gave me a prescription for T3's and anti-biotics and told me that I should be good in about two weeks. So yay! I feel loads better already! (having half a cup of liquefied tissue in a quarter-loonie sized lump mean a lot of pressure! And I hate to imagine how deep it is! omg...)

     I think I really should have listened to everyone sooner when they were all telling me to go see a doctor. I would have saved myself a lot of pain. I also learned, that sometimes, I can't just wait it out and expect everything to just go away. Also, my fever seemed to have broke shortly after my cyst was drained. I really need to learn to not ignore severe pain and fevers... I think I've learned my lesson... (but we'll see...)

     Anyways! I think that's about it for me tonight. Going to watch a little video with Dan, and then get some well needed sleep~ <3

P.S. I already have my next post 'planned' so I hope to have it posted some time tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment